Over 20 years experience

Hollister Electrician, Electrical Contractor and Residential Electrician

Located in Hollister serving Hollister and surrounding areas

GIVE US A CALL: (831) 636-4636

Or drop us a line

LED Lighting Upgrades for Homes and Businesses in Hollister

Upgrading your lighting system, also referred to as light retrofitting, is an excellent move for your future. The cost to power your home or office is not getting any cheaper, but by switching to LEDs you can significantly reduce the energy you need to keep rooms, hallways, and exteriors well-lit and safe.

What is LED Lighting?

Though most people in Hollister know of LED lighting, they probably don’t know what LED lights are. LED stands for Light-Emitting Diode (and yes, saying LED “lights” is technically wrong) which started off being used as indicator lights on electronic devices and digital clocks, because LEDs are designed to be compact. Nowadays, LEDs can be used for any type of light as engineers figured out how to increase their brightness and the color of light they can produce.

One major difference in LED compared to other lights is that it is a solid-state light. This just means that they do not need to be in a vacuum sealed enclosure like incandescent bulbs or a gas like CFL light. But enough of this technical stuff. Let’s look at why upgrading the lights in your Hollister home or office to LEDs is a smart move.

Benefits of Upgrading your Lights to LED

Here are some of the main reasons why the people of Hollister are switching their lighting systems to LEDs.

  • Energy Efficient-This word has been thrown around a lot but let us look at some facts. Traditional incandescent (vacuum) bulbs are very inefficient as only 20% of the electricity that goes into it produces light, the other 80% comes out as heat. In contrast, LEDS are the reverse with 80% of the energy being used to create light while only 20% is lost and converted to other forms of energy like heat. Put simply, switching to an LED can reduce energy costs by up to 80%.
  • Longer life –Depending on the type of LED it can last from 50,000 hours to 100,000 hours. An incandescent bulb last an average of 750 to 1,000 hours. So, buying one LED light is like having 50 regular lights, in terms of lasting power.
  • More durable:LEDs are rugged. They are resistant to shock, impacts and vibration. All it takes is a crack in the glass or a break in the filament for an incandescent light to break, but an LED basically keeps going until you hit it with a hammer. Excellent for rough weather conditions.

LED Recessed Light Retrofit and More

Noriega Electric Inc. can come to your home or business in Hollister and create an energy efficient lighting system that will save you money for years to come. The great thing about LEDs is not only that they are efficient, they can also be much brighter than traditional lighting. This means that you can use less LED’s to perfectly light a room. Saving you even more money in the long run.

Noriega Electric Inc will gladly inspect your current system and tell you exactly how much you can save. We can retrofit all your lights from recess lighting to wall lamps and more. If you have been thinking of renovating or remodeling your property, this would be the perfect time to make the switch to LED.

If you have any questions or would like to schedule a consultation, please feel free to contact us by phone or email. We look forward to helping you go green so you can save more of your green!